Paula is a Partner at Mercers and is head of the Private Client Department.
Paula specialises in Private Client work, including:
- Obtaining Grants of Probate and assisting with the estate administration.
- Advising on cross-border estates and liaising with professionals in other jurisdictions.
- Advising on complex Inheritance Tax calculations, including the aggregation of trust assets and the applicability of Inheritance Tax reliefs.
- Preparation of Deeds of Variation.
- Advice on making Wills, including those using trusts.
- Advice on the preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney for property and financial affairs and health and welfare.
- Advice on the creation and termination of trusts, and in particular the Inheritance Tax regime applicable to trusts (including discretionary trusts).
Paula read modern languages (French and German) at Oxford and subsequently qualified as a solicitor in 2003. After spending her first two years post-qualification in a London firm, she joined Mercers in 2005.
Outside of work, Paula enjoys running as well as playing the violin, piano and singing.