Paula is a Partner at Mercers and is head of the Private Client Department.
Paula specialises in Private Client work, including:
- Obtaining Grants of Probate and assisting with the estate administration.
- Advising on cross-border estates and liaising with professionals in other jurisdictions.
- Advising on complex Inheritance Tax calculations, including the aggregation of trust assets and the applicability of Inheritance Tax reliefs.
- Preparation of Deeds of Variation.
- Advice on making Wills, including those using trusts.
- Advice on the preparation and registration of Lasting Powers of Attorney for property and financial affairs and health and welfare.
- Advice on the creation and termination of trusts, and in particular the Inheritance Tax regime applicable to trusts (including discretionary trusts).
Paula is a Partner at Mercers. She read modern languages (French and German) at Oxford and subsequently qualified as a solicitor in 2003. After spending her first two years post-qualification in a London firm, she joined Mercers in 2005.
Outside of work, Paula enjoys running as well as playing the violin, piano and singing.