Notary Public and Wills
Sarah specialises in private client work, and this includes:-
- Advice on making Wills;
- Advice on whether a separate Will may be needed for foreign assets including considering the EU Succession Regulation and how it applies to an individual’s circumstances;
- Advice on Lasting Powers of Attorney for property & financial affairs and health & welfare decisions;
- Advice on the inheritance tax position on your estate, the availability of IHT reliefs and lifetime inheritance tax planning;
- Advice on the creation of a charity;
- Advice on and creating a new discretionary trust for a family, administering trusts and winding them up;
- Applying for probate and helping families with the administration of an estate following a death, advising on cross-border estates;
- Deeds of variation.
Sarah read law at Exeter University and qualified as a Solicitor in September 2004. Shortly after qualification, she joined the Portsmouth office of Blake Morgan, a large regional firm. She joined Mercers’ Private Client Department in November 2007.
Sarah is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and a fully accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE).
Sarah is also a Notary Public and can help with notarising documents for use overseas.
What clients have said about Sarah
“Mrs Crowther is extremely kind and understanding and is able to explain legal terms so clients understand.”
– Mrs M, Oxfordshire.
“I would highly recommend Sarah Crowther of Mercers… she is a warm and knowledgeable partner who avoids jargon and listens carefully.”
– Mr C from Oxfordshire
“Sarah saved my sanity with her expert advice and her friendly positive attitude.”
– Mrs W, Oxfordshire.
“Very efficient and professional help, under time pressure as we were off on holiday and I wanted everything updated before leaving. I was extremely happy with everything, Thank you to Sarah Crowther.”
– Mrs K, Oxfordshire.
“Sarah refined the thinking I had already done in the preparation of my Will and then implemented the documentation efficiently. She also suggested other actions I should consider that could ease the way for my dependants.”
“We are very grateful for Sarah’s speedy and efficient handling of our affairs and look forward to continuing to work with her as the need arises.”
– Mrs & Mrs C, Wargrave