Sarah specialises in private client work, and this includes:-
- Advice on making Wills;
- Advice on whether a separate Will may be needed for foreign assets including considering the EU Succession Regulation and how it applies to an individual’s circumstances;
- Advice on Lasting Powers of Attorney for property & financial affairs and health & welfare decisions;
- Advice on the inheritance tax position on your estate, the availability of IHT reliefs and lifetime inheritance tax planning;
- Advice on the creation of a charity;
- Advice on and creating a new discretionary trust for a family, administering trusts and winding them up;
- Applying for probate and helping families with the administration of an estate following a death, advising on cross-border estates;
- Deeds of variation.
Sarah read law at Exeter University and qualified as a Solicitor in September 2004. Shortly after qualification, she joined the Portsmouth office of Blake Morgan, a large regional firm. She joined Mercers’ Private Client Department in November 2007.
Sarah is a full member of the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) and a fully accredited member of Solicitors for the Elderly (SFE).
Sarah is also a Notary Public and can help with notarising documents for use overseas.
Outside of work, Sarah enjoys riding her mountain bike, going on walks and yoga.