Madeleine has many years private client tax experience, having originally started her career at HM Revenue & Customs. After 6 years at HMRC she left to join a local firm of accountants in order to study for her ATT exams and has been a member of the Association of Tax Technicians since 2000. She has worked for several accountancy firms in the Reading area over the years, including PWC and Haines Watts.
Madeleine specialises in the following areas:
- Personal Tax Compliance
- Trust Tax Compliance
- Estate Administration Period Tax Compliance
- Complex Estate Tax Compliance
- All matters relating to the HMRC Trust Register
- Trust Administration and Accounts, including liaising with Trustees and Beneficiaries to consider future needs
- Income Tax and Capital Gains Tax planning and advice
- 30 Day CGT property returns
Outside of work Madeleine enjoys exploring the countryside around Ashampstead on her horse Johnny. You will also find her open water swimming all year round, even if it means pushing the ice aside in order to get in (no wetsuit required!).
She is a ‘Loyal Royal’ having held a season ticket at Reading FC for nearly 20 years and also enjoys watching her nephew play cricket for Peppard Stoke Row CC.
Madeleine has passion for adventure and in her younger days backpacked for nearly 2 years visiting South America, South East Asia, Australia, New Zealand, and Southern and Eastern Africa. She still has many more places she would like to discover.