Alexandra (Alex) is an Associate Solicitor in the Private Client department at Mercers. Alex read Law at University and went on to attain a Masters in Legal Practice. After spending her first two years post-qualification in an Oxford-based firm, she joined Mercers in 2019.
As a solicitor within our Private Client department, Alex specialises in all aspects of Private client work, including;
- Advice and drafting of Wills
- General Inheritance Tax advice including lifetime planning and advising on available Inheritance Tax reliefs
- Advice and drafting of Lasting Powers of Attorney for property & financial affairs and health & welfare
- Administration of estates including intestacies, advice on the Inheritance Tax position the estate, deeds of variation and Estate Accounts
- And Administration of Trust
Alex is embarking on the Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) courses and hopes to become a full member in the future.
Alex is a member of the Agricultural Law Society and sits on the Oxfordshire committee for the Game & Wildlife Conservation Trust.
Outside of work Alex enjoys spending time in the Countryside, taking part in photography, clay pigeon shooting and animal husbandry on the family smallholding. Alex has a keen interest in agriculture and rural affairs and acted as Treasurer of the local Young Farmers Club for a number of years, later going on to help establish the Henley Junior Young Farmers Club.